Auf geht's!

Auf geht's!
Livin' a dream!

Montag, 17. August 2015

first days in texas

Hi!

The last 4 days were so exciting and great! So many things happened and I met many very nice people. Now I want to tell you something about the main events.

The day after my arrival I went to my new high school with my host mother for "registration". The first thing I noticed were all the students waiting for something. I was wondering why they were in school almost two weeks before classes start.
We got a number and saw some classrooms until our number was called. Then we had to wait for some paperwork and finally I could choose my classes.
There were four given categories: english, math, history and science. In addition to that I could choose three further classes. I chose:
english 3
math
US history
environmental systems
french 4
band
dance 1
Today I'll go to a band rehearsal to get a trombone and meet some other students from my high school - I'm very excited!

Later that day, after registration,  there was a birthday party for the other german exchange students host sister at our house. We spent the whole evening (about 4 hours) in the pool. That was great!
In the next days we went out for dinner every evening, so I tried much different food (japanese, mexican, ...) and I really liked it!

I also made a blueberry pie with my host mum, that  was fantastic!


Saturday I went to the AFS-orientation here in Houston. I met many exchange students from all over the world, we learned something about Texas and the USA and we had a little pool party after that.

Yesterday I went to "the galleria" a huge shopping center. There was an ice rink in the middle of hot Houston, that was interesting!
After that I spend the afternoon with another exchange student and we went to an indian dance show at night. I've never seen something like that before!

That was a little abstract of the last days, bye for now!

2 Kommentare: