Auf geht's!

Auf geht's!
Livin' a dream!

Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

This time I won’t wait two months after everything is over :D I'll tell y'all right now: I had a great Christmas!!!

To be totally honest I wasn't so sure how my first christmas without my family is going to be, but all worries I ever had were completely without reason. I spent a wonderful Christmas Eve and Day with my second family and I enjoyed it so much.
On Christmas Eve we went to a German Christmas Service of a Lutheran Church in Houston. That was great for me. It especially made me very happy to know all the traditional Christmas carols. Later our family friends came over for dinner, and we had lot of fun together playing games and eating lots of food. I made German pancakes and I think the Americans liked them.
Later that night we got our first christmas presents, matching, red pyjamas for everybody with our first initial on it. We slept in them, and also wore them during half of the next day.
Most of you probably know already that Americans get their gifts in the morning of Christmas Day, so that's what we did then. I got so many things that I absolutely love! Thank you again to everyone who thought of me in these days!
After that I got to skype with my german family/ies. I realized that I now have three wonderful families that I love so so so much, and I couldn't live without a single one of them!
Tonight we had another dinner with friends, which was a lot of fun too. Now we are all going to bed, very tired and very happy (at least for my part)!

So Merry Christmas again, for the Germans it isn't over yet, enjoy your Second Weihnachtsfeiertag!
Love, Johanna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen